Thursday 25 March 2010

Pokémon Heart Gold

With the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver tomorrow, shiny new remakes of the best two games in the Pokémon series, I thought I’d run down a bit of the early game and have a little look at the new features that have been brought in.
For those of you who played Gold or Silver you’ll be well aware of the early proceedings of the game as these have changed very little however the look of the game is vastly different, the entire game has been given a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum style graphics overhaul with everything now rendered in 3D (not to be confused with what may be on the 3DS sometime in the future) and, with the implementation of a second screen the Pokégear has had a work over too.

A few weeks ago I got the chance to spend an hour or so with Heart Gold and, as a huge fan of the original Gold I jumped at it and found a few small differences that make a pleasant change to the start of the game, as per Gold you are tasked, by your friend Prof. Elm to go off into the wilderness to retrieve something from an old friend of his, creatively named “Mr Pokémon” and then bring it back, to help you do this you are given a choice of three Pokémon, Chikorita, Totodile or Cyindaquil and from there madness ensues...



I was always going to be buying this whether Nintendo changed anything or not but I’ve got to say I’m pleasantly surprised with the upgrade to my favourite Pokémon game of the series and I think its fair to say and Pokéfans of years past will be too but it’s also by far the best way of getting into the whole Pokémon phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment